Drafting & CAD TechnicianEngineering Drawings and Blueprint Skills
Program Duration: 7 Weeks / 3 Modules per day (approx 103 hrs)
Engineering Drawings and Blueprint Skills
The Drafting & CAD Technician program is a 7 week online program designed to help students gain the skills and knowledge required for work as entry-level drafter.
Drafting & CAD technicians use software to convert the designs of engineers and architects into technical drawings and plans. Workers specialize in architectural, civil, electrical, or mechanical drafting and use technical drawings to help design everything from microchips to skyscrapers. As a drafting & CAD technician, you can launch a rewarding career in several industries where job demand is high.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Principles of LEAN Manufacturing
- Quality Control Methodology
- Math Foundations
- Workplace Safety Awareness
- Career Building Skills
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or equivalent
- Manufacturing Production Worker Level 1 or equivalent recommended
Please contact us if you have questions
- Access to internet
- A computer with a modern browser installed (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
* This program requires additional external training in CAD software not provided by Northwest Skills Institute. This program provides students with all the skills related to math, blueprint reading, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, and other engineering terms that a student must have before they begin to create models in CAD.
Job Placement Support
Please contact us for information about our job placement support services.
Median: $26/hour The salary for this position ranges from $19.62 to $45.67 per hour
Fee Addition Information
Price quoted is per person and does not include GST. Subject to change without notice.
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.