Composite Manufacturing & Repair Technician
Program Duration: 1.9 months / 3 modules per day (approx 124 hrs)
The Composite Manufacturing & Repair Technician certificate program is an 8 week online program designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge required for work as an entry-level composites fabricator.
The use of composite materials in manufacturing is expanding quickly. Composites are now used in automotive, aerospace, medical devices, and sports equipment. The benefits of light weight and strength make the applications of composite materials endless. Composite manufacturing & repair technicians manufacture products by laying up layers of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and other composite fabrics.
Composite manufacturing requires attention to detail and good manual dexterity.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Introduction to Composites in Manufacturing
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Power Hand Tools for Manufacturing
- Hand Tools for Manufacturing
- Stationary Tools for Manufacturing
- Math Foundations
- Workplace Safety
- Recommended CLB 7 (Canadian Language Benchmark)—Equivalent to IELTS 6 or TOEFL 77-99
- Have access to a device that meets the system requirements to use Northwest Skills Institute online courses.
- Consumer products
- Medical devices
MedianMedian $16/Hour The salary for this position ranges from $12.69 to 22.65 per hour
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.