Composite Manufacturing & Repair Technician
Total Program Hours:
1.9 months / 3 modules per day
Brief Program Description
The Composite Manufacturing & Repair Technician certificate program is an 8 week online program designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge required for work as an entry-level composites fabricator.
The use of composite materials in manufacturing is expanding quickly. Composites are now used in automotive, aerospace, medical devices, and sports equipment. The benefits of light weight and strength make the applications of composite materials endless. Composite manufacturing & repair technicians manufacture products by laying up layers of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and other composite fabrics.
Composite manufacturing requires attention to detail and good manual dexterity.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Introduction to Composites in Manufacturing
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Power Hand Tools for Manufacturing
- Hand Tools for Manufacturing
- Stationary Tools for Manufacturing
- Math Foundations
- Workplace Safety
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or equivalent
- Consumer products
- Medical devices
Median $16/Hour The salary for this position ranges from $12.69 to 22.65 per hour