Aerospace Structures Technician
The training you need, when you need it, where you need it
Total Program Hours:
2.8 months / 3 modules a day
The Aerospace Structures Technician certificate program is a 12 week online program designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge required for work as an entry-level Aerospace Structures Technician.
This program was developed with input from industry partners to ensure that aerospace structures technicians have a deep knowledge and mastery of the aircraft manufacturing processes.
Aerospace structures technicians assemble, fit, fasten, and install parts of airplanes, space vehicles, or missiles, such as tails, wings, fuselage, bulkheads, stabilizers, landing gear, rigging and control equipment, or heating and ventilating systems.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Introduction to Aerospace Assembly
- Aerospace Fasteners
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Understanding Composites
- Introduction to Electrical Skills
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Power Hand Tools for Manufacturing
- Math Foundations
- Workplace Safety Awareness
- Career Building Skills
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or equivalent
- Manufacturing Production Worker Level 1 or equivalent recommended
- Air transport
- Aircraft and parts manufacturing
- Guided missiles, space vehicles, and parts
- Satellite communications
- Search, detection, and navigation guidance
Required Program Materials
- Access To A Computer With A Modern Browser Installed (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Access To High Speed Internet
Job Placement Support
Please contact us for information about our job placement support services.
Median: $21/hour The salary for this position ranges from $15 to $29.50 per hour.