The micrometer is a precision measurement tool used to measure small lengths and distances. Micrometers are one of the most common measurement tools used in almost every manufacturing industry in the world. In this course, you will gain the mastery required to accurately measure products with a micrometer.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Identify the parts of a micrometer
- Describe how the parts work together to measure a product
- Interpret the graduation scales on the standard and Vernier micrometer
- Use the micrometer to accurately measure a distance
- Properly care for your micrometer
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.