Lean principles are designed to help an organization achieve process perfection. The foundation of lean principles are employee involvement, adding the maximum value, and the elimination of waste. Lean is a journey toward understanding the customer and their needs.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Define and describe the concepts of lean, including pull and perfection
- Define and describe the elimination of waste using tools like 5S, kaizen, and poke-yoke
- Use a value stream map to identify waste
- Explain value
- Define value, value-added, and non-value-added
- Identify the terms used to describe waste
- Describe the theory of constraints
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.