Food Safety Training Program
Program Duration: Self-paced (approx 20 hrs)
The Food Safety Training program primarily focuses on ensuring the well-being of consumers, preventing food-borne illnesses, and maintaining the integrity of the food industry. Food Safety training is a cornerstone of maintaining public health, ensuring legal compliance, and safeguarding the reputation of businesses in the food industry.
Students will learn Contamination Prevention, Food Fraud, HACCP, and Corrective Action.
- Identify the three main types of food contaminants.
- List ways on how to avoid food contamination.
- Describe good work practice in preventing contamination of products.
- Define food fraud.
- Identify types of food fraud.
- Explain how food fraud occurs.
- Describe measures to be taken to prevent food fraud.
- Understand the requirements that your facility utilizes to protect against food fraud.
- Explain the meaning and purpose of HACCP.
- Explain the process required to develop a HACCP plan.
- Explain the roles of pre-requisite programs.
- Define a critical control point.
- Identify individual responsibilities.
- Understand how validation and verification are implemented into food safety programs.
- Describe the different approaches for Validation and different types of Verification.
- Describe the purpose of corrective and preventative actions.
- Distinguish the differences between corrective and preventative actions.
- Identify the seven steps of the corrective action process.
- Recommended CLB 7 (Canadian Language Benchmark)—Equivalent to IELTS 6 or TOEFL 77-99
- Have access to a device that meets the system requirements to use Northwest Skills Institute online courses.
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.