Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
Program Duration: Self-paced (approx 3 hrs)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are critical in the workplace and contributes to the overall success and well-being of organizations. Students will learn the key aspects of why DEI is a moral imperative but also a strategic and operational necessity that positively impacts organizational performance and sustainability.
Introduction to DEI
- Understand the meaning of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Describe the qualities of an inclusive workplace
- Define diversity of thinking
- Understand the benefits of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Explore steps you can take to build a more inclusive company
- Describe ways to improve your understanding of inclusivity on a personal level
- Understand why being different from you isn’t a negative List ways to respect diversity
- Define culture
- List the advantages of diversity
- List the disadvantages of diversity
- List strategies for working in a diverse group
- Describe ways to overcome language barriers
- Define sexual harassment
- Define the terms harasser, target, and bystander
- Describe quid pro quo sexual harassment
- Describe hostile work environment sexual harassment
- List different types of behavior that can create a hostile work environment
- Define sex-based harassment
- Explain steps you can take to stop sexual harassment if you are the target of harassment or a bystander
- Understand that retaliation for speaking out against sexual harassment is illegal
- List who you can go to if you have questions about sexual harassment
- Recommended CLB 7 (Canadian Language Benchmark)—Equivalent to IELTS 6 or TOEFL 77-99
- Have access to a device that meets the system requirements to use Northwest Skills Institute online courses.
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.