Introduction to Tool Making
Total Program Hours:
2.5 months / 3 modules per day
The Introduction to Tool Making program is an 11 week online program designed to help students gain the skills and knowledge required for work as entry-level tool makers.
This program was developed with input from industry partners to ensure that aerospace tool makers attain mastery of the art of creating aerospace tooling.
Entry-level tool makers analyze specifications, layout metal stock, set up and operate machine tools and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges.
Students considering this program should work with an employer partner to secure an apprenticeship prior to enrolling.
- Tool Essentials in Manufacturing
- Aerospace Fastener Basics
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Math Foundations
- Workplace Safety Awareness
- Career Building Skills
- Tooling Capstone Project
Instruction is delivered through a series of self-paced interactive online courses.
- Air transport
- Aircraft and parts manufacturing
- Guided missiles, space vehicles, and parts
- Satellite communications
- Search, detection, and navigation guidance
Median: $26.90/hour The salary for this position ranges from $15 to 36 per hour.