Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Last updated: July 26, 2019
The Northwest Skills Institute recognizes that scheduling conflicts, unexpected life events and change in interests can sometimes create challenges to pursue educational endeavours.
The goal of this Withdrawal and Refund Policy is to clarify how to withdraw from one of our programs and when refunds may be eligible.
All dollar amounts are stated in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
- If a participant decides to withdrawal from a learning program, written notice must be provided to email@example.com (“Withdrawal Notice”). The Withdrawal Notice must be dated and signed.
- A participant may cancel a Withdrawal Notice by making a subsequent written request expressing the intent to cancel the previous request.
- Notice must be provided by the participant, or from the participant’s sponsor, the third-party individual or organization who has paid the tuition on behalf of the participant.
- All notices will be acknowledged by us to the participant and, if applicable, their sponsor in writing.
- If we make a decision to expel the participant for breach of conduct the same refund eligibility policies will apply.
- We will refund tuition for a learning program only if a Withdrawal Notice is received.
- If notification of withdrawal is given:
- More than 5 days before the learning program commences, we will refund 100% of the tuition paid.
- In the immediate 5 days prior to the commencement of the learning program, we will issue a tution credit eligible for use towards future learning programs.
- After the commencement of the learning program, meaning the first day of in-classroom instruction or the issuance of a login credential for online courses, no refund of the tuition will be paid; however, at our discretion we may consider issuing a tuition credit eligible for use towards future learning programs.
- If we cancel a learning program before it commences due to technical or operational matters, we will refund 100% of the tuition.
- If we must post-pone or cancel a program due to force majure, or acts typically beyond our normal control, we will issue a credit eligible for use towards future learning programs.
- Refunds required under this policy will be paid directly to the participant, or the third-party individual or organization on behalf of the participant, who paid the tuition.
- Refunds will be paid within 30 days of our acknowledgement to the participant confirming receipt of the Withdrawal Notice.
- We reserve the right to retain an administrative fee to offset the costs incurred by us to process a participant application, complete a participant registration, and complete the withdrawal of the participant.
- The administrative fee maximums are currently set at:
- For learning programs with a tuition $900 and under, $75.
- For learning programs with a tuition $901 and greater, $125.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our Withdrawal and Refund Policy, please contact us.