Hypotheses Test Basics
Hypotheses tests are statistical methods of making decisions on the results of a study to determine if the results are truly related, or if they occur by chance. Hypotheses tests differ in the results they produce and what information is required, but they all share some basic terms and concepts.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Define and distinguish between statistical significance and practical significance
- Apply tests for significance level, power, and type I and type II errors
- Define null and alternative hypotheses
- List acceptable null and alternative hypotheses for statistical parameters
- Determine appropriate sample size for various tests
- Define confidence levels and confidence intervals
- Calculate confidence intervals for population parameters
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.