Classification of Hydraulic Valves
A hydraulic valve regulates and controls the hydraulic system’s fluid. Valves are classified
based on the power to be transmitted, their function, the control, and their design. In this chapter, you’ll learn about the different classifications of hydraulic valves.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Describe the purpose of a hydraulic valve
- Understand how a hydraulic valve works
- List the different classifications of hydraulic valves
- Describe the different types of pressure valves
- Understand the use of directional valves
- Describe classifications of shut-off valves
- Understand the different types of flow valves
- Describe on/off valves
- List the different types of proportional valves
- Describe the features of proportional control valves
- Describe the function of servo valves
- List the advantages and applications of cartridge valves
- Describe the main uses of logic valves
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.