Hydraulic systems use fluid power to perform work. A simple hydraulic system consists of several common components, including a tank, pump, filter, heat exchanger, accumulator, valve, and actuator.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Understand the purpose of a hydraulic system
- Identify the major components of a simple hydraulic system
- Describe the purpose of a hydraulic tank
- Identify the components of a hydraulic tank
- Describe the purpose of a hydraulic pump
- Understand how a hydraulic pump works
- Describe the purpose of a hydraulic filter
- Understand how a hydraulic filter works
- Describe the purpose of a heat exchanger
- Understand how a heat exchanger works
- Explain the purpose of a hydraulic accumulator
- Understand how a hydraulic accumulator works
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.