The resistance in a circuit determines the amount of voltage required in the circuit and the amount of current the circuit will carry. Understanding the relationship of resistance to other electrical characteristics is important to anyone working with electricity.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Define the term resistance
- Understand the relationship between current, voltage, and resistance
- Understand how an ohmmeter must be connected
- Identify types of resistors
- Recognize the colour codes for resistors
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.