Engineering Drawing Views
The key to reading an engineering drawing is understanding how to visually interpret product illustrations. In this course, you will learn how the views on an engineering drawing are arranged and how to draw a three-dimensional object on a two-dimensional surface.
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Determine the number of views required to define an object
- Explain the difference between isometric and orthographic drawings
- Describe the “glass box” method of illustrating views on an engineering drawing
- Interpret engineering drawings when shown an object
- Explain how views are arranged in a multiview drawing
- Identify views on an engineering drawing
- Describe the purpose of a sectional view
- Describe the function of cutting planes
- Define how front views are selected
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.