Advanced Manufacturing Technician
Program Duration: 7 Weeks, 3 modules a day (approx 96 hrs)
Advanced Manufacturing Technician Certificate
The Advanced Manufacturing Technician program is a 7-week online program designed to help students gain the skills and knowledge required for work as entry-level advanced manufacturing technicians.
Advanced manufacturing technicians play a valuable role in the manufacturing industry. They provide support to the entire manufacturing organization to help ensure that the equipment is running well, materials are built and flowing through the plants correctly and that safety procedures are being followed.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Manufacturing Essentials
- Introduction to Industrial Automation
- Introduction to CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) Machining
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Understanding Logistics
- Principles of LEAN Manufacturing
- Quality Control Methodology
- Math Foundations
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Workspace Safety Awareness
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or equivalent
- Manufacturing Production Worker Level 1 or equivalent recommended
- Civil infrastructure
- Consumer products
- Electrical equipment
- Materials processing
Required Program Materials
- Access to a computer with a modern browser installed (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Access to high speed internet
81% of all workers in this occupation work full-time.
Job Placement Support
Please contact us for information about our job placement support services
Median: $13.75/hour The salary for this position ranges from $12.65 to $23.00 per hour
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.