Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness
Program Duration: 1 day (approx 6 hrs)
Every year, workers are accidentally exposed to unsafe levels of hydrogen sulfide (H2S), also called sour gas, sewer gas, stink damp and hydrosulphuric acid. H2S can kill a worker in a few seconds.
In this 6-hour course, students learn about H2S to help them stay safe on the job.
Topics Covered Include:
- Safety legislation
- Physical properties and locations of H2S
- Occupational exposure limits
- Toxicity levels & scales
- Initial response strategy
- Passive and detector tube devices
- Continuous H2S detectors
- Supplied Air Respirator (SAR)
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Maintenance & operation of SCBA
- Rescue techniques
- Artificial respiration
- Recommended CLB 7 (Canadian Language Benchmark)—Equivalent to IELTS 6 or TOEFL 77-99
Northwest Skills Institute offers a wide variety of training and consulting options including risk assessment, needs analysis and train the trainer programs.
Consulting services offered include:
- Needs analysis
- Site-specific hazard assessments
- Specialized safety training
- Health and safety program planning and review
- Train the trainer training is available for all course offerings
Preparing you for success
The Northwest Skills Institute is an industry focused training organization.
Our programs are geared specifically for industry, making students more qualified and READY FOR WORK.