Free BSWD Training for Southern and Interior BC residents
Workforce Skills Training
Total Program Hours:
Building Supply, Warehousing & Distribution Online Training Program
Start Date: July 12th, 2021
* Available to Southern and Interior BC residents only
If you are unemployed or underemployed and living in Southern or Interior BC, why not use this time to upgrade your skills and prepare yourself for a new career?
The Building Supply sector is seeing tremendous growth and need new workers. Jobs can include entry level forestry, manufacturing, shipping receiving, customer service, admin and sales (depending on previous experience).
With the support from an online instructor, you can take FREE online training from the comfort of your home that will lead to a job in the Building Supply, Warehousing and Distribution sector when you are finished.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Workforce Development Agreement. Training will be a mix of both online instruction as well as individual learning.
This module based training program will take approximately 7 weeks to complete. You will receive 2 daily check-ins to ensure you are following the course module and are ready for work!
Upon completion of the training, you will receive an industry recognized certificate and support that will lead to a new job. With individualized one-one support, we will help you meet your next career goal.
Why not take this opportunity to do something with your time?
- Reside in Southern or Interior BC
- Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen and Protected Persons
- Unemployed and Underemployed (part time, casual, or seasonal)
- Active EI and IA recipient
- English CLB 7+
- Access to a computer with audio, video and reliable Wi-Fi
- Proficient in navigating webpages
- Commitment to completing training and working full time at end of training
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour*
*Expected starting salary range for jobs upon completion of training